Donzac


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Montauban
August 22nd 2016
Published: August 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

DONZAC

What could be more blissful?

This was our campsite last Sunday. A perfect place to reflect. A nice lake surrounded by a park with trimmed lawns, picnic tables and barbeques as well as illumination for motor homes. Alas we could not stay there as the town Fete was to be held that evening. The area was to be the launching pad for the fireworks display at midnight. The town did provide us with another park-like location with manicured lawns, illumination and flower gardens, but without the picnic tables and barbeques, and of course the lake was no longer in the picture. I returned the following morning to take these pictures.

There might be more to be concerned about than fine from the Municipal Police for parking overnight in a restricted zone. We were warned. The town’s notice board held up an action plan of what to do in the event of a nuclear incident. Nuclear Incident! That’s not something you think about often. But here in Donzac, there are two nuclear power plants. So the possibility is real. France generates 75 % of its electricity by nuclear process.

It was Monday again – time for a reality check.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb