Third night stop at Bressols. By the river Lot.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Montauban
February 26th 2022
Published: February 28th 2022
Edit Blog Post

First of all I must note that I am finding it very hard placing ourselves in the correct region of France. Bressols is in Occitanie, near Montauban and not in midi-pyrenees as this blog says but that is the only place i can put it !

Another driving day and though this blog is brief the drive was not.

Woken by the geese in the property behind us and what another gorgeous blue sky to start the day.
Lovely to stroll into the village from our peaceful spot by the canal for a fresh baguette for breakfast before setting off on our drive. We started off on quiet N roads through the villages and along the incredible straight stretches of road which are so characteristic of France. How we have missed roads like this !
Bob has been avoiding using the motorways but after we had travelled just a third of our miles for the day the sat nav insisted it would take us until 8pm to get to Bressols our next stopping spot. My google maps said it would not take as long as that but even so we knew there were obviously some hilly and windy sections to cross so moved onto the more major route and headed in the direction of Toulouse down the dual carriageways and using some toll roads where we had to.

Our free again camping spot for the night was at Bressols and by the river Lot. This time we were not alone, there were a couple of other motorhomes parked up there but think they are living there more permanantly judging by the stuff beside their vans. Took a stroll along the river and to find the boulangerie ready for morning. Hopeful of a bar but nothing open so settled down for the night.
Really enjoying being back in France even if, because of the time of year, we are only passing through on the way to Spain, this time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb