No baby wipes eaten today ? just three packets of them used


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Ax-les-Thermes
August 3rd 2017
Published: August 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Everyone should stay in a yurt, and everyone should stay in this one. Beautiful setting, amazing bed, best service ever, lovely pool and even goats. Sadly the perfect storm of crazy teething, silly heat and relentless sea legs meant the only boy I really got to enjoy was the view. After an amazing breakfast with the single most amazing yoghurt I've ever eaten (honestly, it was like some kind of heavenly offering) we headed off to the deepest darkest Pyrenees. The baby was very sleepy after his ' intetesting' nights sleep so he slept, I slept and we motored on. A stop for lunch saw the baby pulling out all the charm on a much older French girl (she must have been at least four, I'm hopeful for a Hollywood style meeting of the two of them in twenty years time) and we headed back on the road. Just as we were supermarket hunting, there was a cry from the back and a very sad looking baby with not only a small lake of poop around his nappy, but also a significant amount of it on his arms, his legs and heading rapidly towards his face. With lightning reflexes, (can't stop baby wipe eating, can definitely stop poop face interactions) I held the hand away from the, by now, crying face until we found somewhere to stop. I'm not sure how to describe the ten minutes after this. Teamwork , certainly. Effective , oh yes. Chaotic, smelly, ridiculous and full of tears, ooooh yes. Suffice it to say we broke our own, one day old rule (only use changing tables) and realised that holidays with baby were certainly not going to be in any way dull. Ash cleaned lake poopy from the car seat, I cleaned poopy boy up (mostly) and we drove in muted silence, reflecting on what had just happened. We shall never talk of this event again........Supermarket found we shopped, squeezed the bags in the car and finally got to the calm of luzenac where my brother was waiting with a cuppa. Stuff set up, baby bathed (not quite in dettol but we were tempted) milk fed and boy in bed and we sat trying to get the football on TV at the same time as coming over all Kung Fu ninja on the thousands of flies in this house. They may be this year's ants.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb