French Pyrenees 13 September 2013


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Ax-les-Thermes
September 14th 2013
Published: September 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

French Pyrenees 13 September 2013

We left the Monestir de Montsoratte after lunch and then drove north to Puigcerda which is on the border of Spain, France and close to Andora (which is a separate country).

We were then driving through the French Pyrenees mountain range. There were ‘walls’ of sheer rock everywhere. And of course we went through many tunnels. The road was excellent. We went through one tunnel that was over 5kms long (short by Austria and Switzerland standard!) and was going to go through a 2nd long one before getting to our camp site but it was closed. We had to travel and extra 20 kms and on a road with long and big gradients up and down. Again, wonderful scenery.

We found a camping sight at Ax-les-Thermes which was in the French Pyrenees where there was more spectacular scenery. Oh we are so lucky for seeing what we have seen. I will NEVER take this opportunity we have given ourselves, for granted, and wish everyone could see what we have seen. I hope the photos give you some idea of what the scenery has been like.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb