plastic animals and sausage


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Ariege
August 1st 2015
Published: August 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day of sausage, cheese, life size plastic animals, discounted booze and mountains. That's probably all I need to say but I think we all need to understand how we came to be sitting on a plastic unicorn holding a giant tomato being watched by a pig and a blues brother without being stoned. After a lovely leisurely breakfast we set off up the mountains for Andorra to visit the adults playground that is their tax free shops. The low cloud on the way up made for a slightly scary drive ( in a car not Jason, he's had a nice rest today) but through a tunnel and it was bright and lovely. I couldn't tell you the town this shopping mecca was in nor could I tell you the name of the shop but the promised crazy crazy goods on show I could ramble on about all night. My dad and brother had both said we needed to visit the shop where you can actually buy life size and bigger elephants, gorillas, polar bears and triceratops. We went. We saw. We took selfie with the plastic very expensive animals. We sat on a giant unicorn. We made friends with model dogs. We held giant plastic fruit and veg. We posed with polar bears, lions and strange looking kangaroos. It was like being in a zoo only more expensive ( €1000 gorilla anyone?) In the end it all got a bit too much ( I think when you find yourself wondering if you can fit a life size pterodactyl in the van because it might be cool in the garden you know it's time to leave) .The shop over the road was a wine, sausage and cheese delight along with photo frames, pans, more plastic tatt and wine glasses bigger than me. To much free sausage tasting later we left with a right assortment of goodies and headed up to a gondola ride up a very big hill for a drink. The gondola was fifteen euros each well spent. Virtually empty, ( so no people, yay) views to die for and a whole load of fear. It's very high and I'm very wussy. It was worth the fear, terror and general crying. After putting the world to rights we caught the cable car back down and made our way through customs with no bother. Tonight will involve sitting, sleeping and dreaming of plastic animals chasing me up a hill. Tomorrow will mostly involve sitting, eating cheese and zenning before back on the road on Monday.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.078s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb