'Joyeuses Paques'


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Bayeux
April 10th 2012
Published: April 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I liked spending easter 2012 here,the suprise wispa and mint aero bubbles easter eggs that were left on our pillows actually made it feel like easter and more importantly like home as thy don't have cadburys here but Jayne got them sent from England.

The Jones family celebrate the day different frm home, when i rang my mum it was noisey and the room was overflowing with family and laughter and I have no doubt that Bens collecion of easter eggs would have been pilled on top of eachother to form a cadburys tower. Here, however 8 year old Fin received one easter egg which he got to choose and ate the day before and the only people who popped by to say 'Joyeuses Paques' were cusomers collecting easter cakes we had made for their loved ones who had just endured lent with a deprivation of anything sweet.

We all went out to the beach in an epic journey of shouting at sat-navs and eachother and several attempts at starting a game of i-spy which often was an object which was outside aNd so by the time Finlay had worked out which letter it began with we had well and truly passed it.

The trip itself was to a place called grandville which was greatfully beautiul but the weather closely reprented an english bank holiday so not really 'lets get out the buckets and spades' weather but more 'lets buy a postcard 2 prove we came and then fuck off home'

For dinner we had rabbit! first time i had it and felt guilty to be eating the easter bunny but was rather delicious and its nice to try something different occasinally, Been told I can't leave France until I have tried snail but am leaving in 2 weeks.





S X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb