Day 1 - Boston to Bayeux, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Bayeux
September 10th 2018
Published: September 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well, what can I say. Today was a very long exhausting day. Left Boston at 7:10 pm, arriving at Charles de Gaulle airport at 7:20am, local time. The flight itself was very uneventful, arriving early, so we thought "Great". Not so fast, as we waited in line for 1 1/2 hours to get through immigration, then on to the car rental agency, which took another hour. So we didn't get on the road until 10:00am. Thankfully, our car is equipped with GPS, so we easily maneuvered through busy traffic, and arrived at our first stop, Giverny, to visit Monet's home and gardens. It was not disappointing, as the flowers were spectacular, and his home interesting, and filled with reproductions of his works. After a very delicious lunch of filled crepes, we headed off to Bayeux, where we plan on spending the next two days visiting the Beaches of the D-Day invasion. As we traveled along, the fatigue began to sink in, causing us to begin dozing off. I awakened just in time to see Ray drifting into the adjacent lane, so we decided it was time to stop and rest. So there we were, all four of us, seats reclined, fast asleep in a road side rest area. We finally arrived at La Tour Louise, the B& B we had reserved in Bayeux at around 5:00 pm. After resting a bit, we walked through town, checking out all of the rest, and settling on Chez Matilda. After a lovely glass of wine, and a delicious meal, we were off to our room. We are all hoping for a restful sleep, as a long day of site-seeing awaits us tomorrow. Bonsoir.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



11th September 2018

“Ah I remember it well...”
Great pictures of Giverney Ray… You really have the blogging down pat I see...We are on day 12 in Ireland and after a couple more stops head home on the 15th. I’ve got your plan for Ireland all mapped out for you... Great country, especially people… Plan on at least 15 days! Safe travels… See you soon.??☘️ Quentin
11th September 2018

Forever Young
You both look so awesome. I am so happy for you . Looking forward to your daily blog as I have my morning coffee. Enjoy and God Bless.
11th September 2018

Fearless Foursome.......
Love how you are all so adventurous! So good also to see you are not all invincible & had to rest a bit (good idea)! The gardens looked lovely & we so look forward to more pictures & colorful commentary! Safe travels!!!
11th September 2018

Sounds like a full day...
Glad to see you made it safety. Enjoy and safe travels. Looking forward to the daily updates

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb