The Plan


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lorraine » Nancy
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Days have passed slowly but surely, and finally tomorrow it's time to catch the train again. I haven't really packed yet, but as the process of “packing” will be this time something like throwing my light explorer a.k.a. sleeping bag, toothbrush, journal, camera, mp3 (with a superb voyage-collection to fit every possible mood!) and some important papers inside the backpack and go, I'm not really that concerned about not having the time to do it. Yesterday was reading packing tips from one web-page, and after reading this list, I panicked for two seconds about being very ill-prepared, but then, if I need something I'll buy it there, and if can't find it, I won't need it. Simple.
A well-known fact is that the Nordic people LOVE planning! So, surely we have one: the plan is to meet Emma at Indira Gandhi airport in New Delhi. We'll spend the first night in New Delhi, the next day we'll propably spend in the city buying some necessities and then head to the north as it will be super hot and the north is supposed to be a bit “cooler”. On the way we'll check the Sariska national park, most likely the city of Alwar (35km from Sariska), then move to Jaipur-area and check Amber (a city where the architecture should be amazing). Emma has heard positive stuff about a place called Pushkar, it's a holy city with a lake, some desert around, a peaceful place. So, that's a perfect moment to have a little rest. Then we're planning to do the trekking part in Uttar Pradesh, there the climat should be optimal at the moment, not too cold, not too hot. From there we'll move towards Nepal. Don't know how but we'll find out. Then we'll check how many days we'll still have left and make the rest of the plan depending on that. One option is to check Varanasi, the holy city next to Ganges river. The place is said to be pretty chaotic, bodies floting in the river and so on, and we decided to discuss about this place later. So, this is the rough plan and no doubt it might change! There should be loads of Internet-cafés everywhere, so I'll keep you updated!

Advertisement



31st May 2007

good on ya!
how aa ya? so you've got plans.they gonna change anyway. It would be coot to meat up with you! but i have to get a job and earn some money first, so if you stay about a year, then i'll come over. :) but have fun and stay crazy!
31st May 2007

Hi Jo, to tell the truth am freaking out about the trip:)!Well, not much, but a little anyway...Maybe it's just healthy fear of not knowing what is there waiting. Would be cool to see you too, but maybe next year!Take care you crazy swede.
31st May 2007

yesterday we went out eating, and then I met my swedish friend that I havent met for 5 years in sweden, he was the best friend of my first boyfriend and his ex are my classmate...so strange to meet in india. Honesly, have just been sooo tierd,,feeling I can just look out on the mer for months(or in the wall), mabye we just need to rest in the north, like rent a house next to a mountain lake,,,,and feel scandinavian vibes,,,,we will see,,,u know when u get lazyer,,,and lazzyer,,,my powernaps have been hours during day....mabye lack of iron????? Well coundown babe..swimming in the sea will mabye help me!!!!! Yes!
31st May 2007

Emma, good to hear from you! Yeah, to tell the truth, I feel quite exhausted too, it's been an intense year. So, I really don't mind chilling out next to some lake for something like a week or so. Then we'll see how much energy we'll have to see and do things. Scandinavian vibes sounds exellent!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb