Valencia via Lleida to Sailagouse France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Saillagouse
July 27th 2015
Published: July 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left Valencia and had a stop over for the night in Lleida. We arrived late afternoon. A real industrial city. Had a shower and went for a meal in a cafeteria over the road. Early on the way again, now into the mountains We read about this little yellow train that finds it's way through the Pyreneans. So we went to Saillagouse for that reason. It was the best place to get onto this train. We arrived in the afternoon and had a small problem with the place where we suppose to stay, but that was just a hold up. We had time to go for a walk and find the place where we could board this yellow train. About a twenty minutes walk but we had to be there at 9.30 a.m. There was plenty of place to park the car so that is what we did. It turned to be a beautiful trip. A two and half hour trip took us to Villefranch. There were also open wagons but it was real cool so we went in the covered ones. Really amazing. It wind it's way through the mountains over bridges to cover the ravines. Everybody is very busy taking photos and video. You arrive at a medieval city of Villafranch. It is a ringed by walls and towers. The only problem was we had to wait till 5.30 p.m. before we were able to go back. But there is enough to see to kill the time. It was 8 p.m. when we arrived back in Saillagouse. A very beautiful day that we enjoyed with the weather being just a little to hot but that is better as rain. Next day we did the same trip by car. The road follows the train track. At several times you cross the track and see many people waiting to video or photograph it. Why we went the same way by car was that we wanted to visit a boarder place, called Perthus, known for cheap perfume and liquor prices. Lots of fun to go there. Very hard to get a park there. It is that busy there everyone that goes to Spain or goes back home knows about it. and makes a stop. We had a nice time in the Pyrenean. Next we be on the way up. We will have cooler weather but nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb