Pretty Perfect Pezenas - The Journey Down Day 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Pezenas
August 29th 2014
Published: August 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We awoke the next morning to clear skies and warm weather as the storm had finally passed. After a quick shower we met with the Ports for breakfast in the hotels main building. A beautiful traditional French spread was available to us as well as juices, coffee and tea. After breakfast we collected our stuff from the hotel, reloaded the car and set off towards Milau. Dudley drives, and is very protective of, a left hand drive American truck which is about 3 times the size of our tiny car! Despite his very stern and clear statement that he 'does not do U turns' and will find another way out of Chanac started the journey by first driving on the wrong side of the road and then by having to complete a U turn, much to our amusement. After this kerfuffle we were well on our way to Milau. After passing a town called Micropolis, city of bugs (my worst nightmare), we reached the Milau toll and having taken a ticket, pulled over at a roadside stop. The toilets here were a traditional hole in the floor so whilst deciding to queue and wait for the disabled toilet my Dad and Dudley got in touch with the Jacksons. As it turned out the Jacksons were currently at the Milau bridge viewing area and decided they would wait for us to catch up and continue the rest of the journey with us. We all jumped back into our cars and set off for the bridge's viewing area, whilst taking many photos of the bridge as we approached. We arrived, found a parking space and soon ran into Katherine, Andrew, Elliot and Lewis. After all saying hello they were very keen to take us up the hill to the best part of the viewing area. Elliot, Lewis and Alice are all aged below 10 and full of energy they ran all the way up the hill! Emma and Brandon aged between 14-15 took a slower stroll with Dylan, 16 Me, 18 and the adults all aged 'adult' 😊 After taking some fantastic photos of the bridge, river and town we headed into the tourist information centre. After looking around we set off on the final leg of our journey, next stop Maison Alaric!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb