What happened to the sunshine ? Wind blew it away.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Canet-en-Roussillon
September 14th 2017
Published: September 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Got dressed hopefully in suntop again but soon changed to a t-shirt as, as expected, yesterday’s lovely sunshine had turned cloudy.



We decided to scooter in the opposite direction to yesterday, north towards Sainte-Marie le Mer.

This stretch of coastline is a seemingly never ending sandy beach. The beach at Sainte-Marie was really good and I wished I had dressed to swim as the sun had come out again and the sea looked lovely. The sea-line had been built so that small coves are formed making lovely protected pools. No doubt necessary as this is a windy coast.

We decided that later on we would return to the campsite, get swimming things and go to the beach at Canet-Plage.



Not much happening at Sainte-Marie Plage. If it has a seaside centre we failed to find it so we scootered instead to the village and found a few nice old buildings but not a lot else so headed back.

Managed to find our way to Canet-Roussillon village, odd that it was hard to find but it was nowhere in sight as we scootered out though we did know there was a village as our little guide book said there was.

Indeed there was and we found the church with a very tall tower and also a restored castle but the gate to that was closed.

We did also find a restaurant so popped in for lunch and the brochettes de gambas were lovely.

Then back to Canet-Plage, missed the campsite as the roads round here are totally confusing so ended up by the beach sans swimming gear. Not a problem except….wind which had been building had reached a crescendo. 70kph gusts according to meteo.fr and the sandy beach was deserted probably due to the sand storms which were billowing across it.

We settled for coffee and a sit in the nice sunshine then back to the campsite for a swim in the pool.



The sun had of course gone back in again so after my swim I was really chilled especially as the sky clouded over completely and it was pitch dark by 8pm. Checked the weather. Though we are 1000 miles south of home the temperature shows it is only 6 degrees warmer.

Oh dear, hope the sun comes out again tomorrow. We are heading up the coast a little way round to Cap d’Agde for our last 2 nights on the coast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb