Beziers


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Beziers
June 10th 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Beziers is a biggish town only 20min away from our village. It’s not the nicest town around its pretty old and run-down. They have a shopping centre there which is mostly outside but still reasonably nice. We went there a few times although the shops aren’t that great. Not a lot were even clothes shops. They had some nice restaurants on the top floor in the shade were we had lunch a few times.

Another thing which was near Beziers was the canal de midi which was a series of seven locks that took the boats up twenty-one metres and took about half an hour. We arrived just in time to see two boats go up it. It was actually really interesting to watch. The boats had set times they were able to come through the canal de midi because there was a person that opened and closed the locks. From there we walked to the canal bridge in the stinking hot sun. The canal bridge was a canal that went over the river and it was also apparently Roman architecture. That week we also spent a day in Montpellier which is much bigger than Beziers. It was only an hour’s drive away and the main reason for going there was to shop.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb