Paris.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
May 21st 2011
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ahhh - Paris!!!!
Our apartment is just like it was on the web photos. Gorgeous - so cute, so Parisienne, so... PINK. Is well equipped, with snacks, fruit and a bottle of wine to welcome us. There restaurants and boulangerie everywhere!

Went to Montmartre and Sacre Couer. Sacre Couer is very beautiful inside, and outside it looks stunning from a distqnce, but sadly the beatiful white marble that it is built from is quite grubby needs some TLC.

Today we visited the Louvre. What a marathon!!! It is enormous, and we covered about 1/2 of it. And I know for a fact we saw several exhibitions more than once, because we were going around in circles trying to find our way out. After a brief recovery nap we headed off this evening to the Moulin Rouge. It was fantastic. An amazing and fun show. And I don't think the girls wore any outfit for more than 5 minutes before changing.

Today a walk along the Seine and around the Marais, then Musee DÒrsay to see the Impressionists. Legs and feet feeling it a bit. There are stairs and steps everywhere. We are getting lots of exercise - hopefully that will offset all this gorgeous food and wine 😉

Today some shopping, a walk around the Iles de Paris and the Latin Quarter
and a ride around Paris on the hop on hop of bus. The drivers in Paris are crazy!

Today we will take a cruise along the Seine, look around Notr Dame (the crowds were to big to try yesterday) - and we will meet the Lingfords for a dinner cruise, before heading back to pack, as we leave tomorrow for the North East coast of France.

Paris is beautiful.The food is great, and good wine and cointreau is so cheap. I think I am in heaven.






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



1st June 2011

Good to hear from you.
Nice photos. But I did notice Dad looked kind of surprised on the river cruise photo. Looks like good weather for many things including cricket, but mostly eating and drinking. Take care guys and hope to hear from you a bit more often now that you're back in the cities.
4th June 2011

HELLO TRAVELLERS
Hi, Good to see you're having a great time. That Louvre looks huge even from a distance. Lucky you're still not walking around in circles in it. That bloke in 'The DaVinci Code' seemed to get out fairly quick. Have to let us know how you went at Notre Dame, tell me what the bell ringer looks like. Bet that little bloke is still there ringing that bell. Hope your weather is better than here next week (12 deg max next Wednesday.) Better gat outside and get some work done while our weather holds up. See ya, Keep on enjoying the holiday:)

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb