Recap of Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Saint-Germain-en-Laye
August 13th 2013
Published: August 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well I will do a little recapping. We left home less an a week ago yet it feels like we have been gone for ages. While we were in Paris we met up with our niece and nephew and a day before that we did a tour past the district in which their hotel was located. Being budget travellers the area was "interesting". We took a photo (see attached) to show their mum! I got their permission to be cheeky.
When we met up with them Callum was stirring his sister because the previous evening she had declared that "this area doesn't look familiar".
Callum said it was a euphemism for "I'm lost". It became our catch cry for the rest of the day together. We had a great time together walking through the back streets of Paris to areas that didn't look at all familiar :-)
We also had a bit of fun on the bridge of locks. The local tradition is for people who are in love to write their names on a lock and attach it to the bridge then throw the key into the Seine pledging never to be parted. We liked the lock that Shane found with the message "Megan loves chocolate". I'm with her. Then Neicha found a lock the opened when she touched it. Guess that is the end of that relationship!
We hope that Neicha & Callum are having a wonderful time in Italy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb