Day 40 - Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 29th 2016
Published: July 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Another day of sightseeing and maybe some shopping. You guessed it, no bag fairy again so a few more personal items and a new suitcase.

On the bus at the Eiffel Tower and around the city to Notre Dame de Paris. At last we get to go in to this icon of Paris. Queues aren't too bad and we don't have to pay so even better. Inside and it is rearly just ABC. Very dark but it does have some beautiful stained glass windows.

Out into the sunlight and onto another bus route for a look around. This tour take sus past the French equivalent of the NYC high line so we get off and do the walk. Very calming amongst the traffic, etc. Down to street level and we need a drink/toilet break so we do just that. Back to the bus and on to our next stop where we will go and buy our new suitcase.

Best laid plans shot again. This is Paris and street closures mean the bus does a lap of the Louvre and is stuck in a huge traffic jam. We get off and walk And beat the bus over the Pont Neuf towards our bag place In Saint Germaine. Get there and buy the bag we want. Now do we walk home or go back and catch the bus and get stuck in traffic. Walk it is. New back streets and some interesting places on the way.

Back near home and Chris decides to get her nails done, I take the bag to the room and go back to the corner bar for a drink while waiting for her to finish. Nails done. Drink done, so we wander off for dinner back to the restaurant we were at 2 nights ago. Waiter recognises us and offers U.S. The same table in the window. Nice touch. Food done, wine done, back to the room. Quiet musing over what to do tomorrow morning before we get out of the room then to bed. A nice night for our last night in Paris.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb