Paris Part 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 14th 2012
Published: January 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Will upload photos soon. Just a shame I have none of me screaming, fear in my eyes screaming "i hate you kids..."

Our next Paris episode occurs on the outskirts of the city in the small unknown resort of Disneyland. Initially this was only meant to be a day trip but there were a few days up our sleave we did not know what to do with. We thought of all sorts of places but for ease, convenience and surprisingly price we ended up in a hotel located in the bubble of Disneyland Paris for 6 nights. The hotel offered us a 10 bed room (3 connected rooms), pool, play areas, a bar and a shuttle to the park, what more could we ask for. Although not he flashiest of hotels it is still part of Disneyland, and the pool and play areas were invaluable.

Disneyland itself offered us an amazing deal with annual passes at 20% off as we were a family buying more than 4 passes. This meant the kids could go every day for less than 2 days. Not bad. There was a moment of concern when we were unable to prove all 5-kids were ours. The passports all had the same surname but were born in different villages, as the staff member pointed out. Perhaps he was thinking who in their right mind has 5-kids these days and then takes them across the other side of the world for an amusement park. After calling his manager and seeing us swear blind these 5 were ours we had 7-hot annual passes in our hands.

We were also amazed that once inside the park they did not try and extort every penny, cent and dime out of us. Food and drink was good, well priced and great sizes and there were souvenirs for all budgets. They even provide a free delivery service to your hotel for all your shopping, thus leaving your hands free to grip on screaming while hanging upside down in one of the many rides.

The kids were of course excited and we just let them go and met them at lunch and end of the day, even sent them alone one day and met them there after a bit of a sleep in. We did freak poor Oliver out on a couple of rides but there were so many for all to enjoy. Ian and I did conquer all roller coasters and I only wimped out on the big drop one. The kids did all over and over again and became regulars on many of the rides.

Disneyland now has 2 parks, the original and the studios both amazing. Where Disneyland has lots of rides the studios also have the shows which were fantastic. We ‘encouraged’ the kids to occasionally sit and they were also amazed. They also took Oliver into the Stitch show (one of Oliver’s favourites). Oliver is now a Stitch fan as he was chosen for the best monkey performance!

On the last night we decided to treat the kids to dinner at Club Mickey in in the Disney Village (an area adjacent to the parks). Here you have dinner with various characters. This was a fantastic way to end to our Disney adventure and something we would recommend anyone should do.

Off to London next for a few more adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb