I went on a run a few days after arriving. As I still had no idea where I was, I decided to run around the area surrounding the apartment I was staying at. About 3km after setting off, after having run through an obviously African district of Paris I came across a sign saying Stade de France. I followed the sign and on arriving saw a lot of press and activity in and around the stadium.
I decided... Read Full Entry
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info