England - France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 17th 2009
Published: July 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Lyme Regis - Paris


Kersbrook HotelKersbrook HotelKersbrook Hotel

Lyme Regis
Well we have 2 days worth here now. No internet yesterday - well more a combination of tired and didn't want to pay for access.
We waved goodbye to hilly Lyme Regis and headed out across the south west thru the famous standing stones - Stonehenge.
Awe inspiring sight. How and why did someone move 15 ton rocks 385 miles on water and land, then carve and line them up to be a large sundial???? (monthly - sun shines thru consecutive arches for each month). All this done around 3500 years ago and this is the 3rd incarnation of this structure.

Left the henge and went to Guildford.
Crashed that night after dinner @ Auberge. Sea Bass and a caesar salad with a Grand Marnier chaser.
Next day we got rid of our little car - :-(. It was a good experience and somwhat glad to have behind me. Drivers were very polite except for one woman on our second last day.
Repacked all of our luggage and headed for a day on the trains.
First from Guildford to London Waterloo Stn and then to London St. Pancras by cab. Waied for a couple of hours and then off to Paris.
Train ride once again very smooth and we actually left 2 minutes early.
Short time later.... Vive Paris!!!!
Got another cab for our hotel and 2 hours later - the Louvre (only 5 minutes walk away.
Grabbed a quick dinner (lebanese) and getting ready to pass out.
Should have lots of pics tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Boot InnThe Boot Inn
The Boot Inn

Bar taps
MB a classMB a class
MB a class

Great "little" car
LouvreLouvre
Louvre

Glass pyramid
LouvreLouvre
Louvre

I have forgotten the nam already
LouvreLouvre
Louvre

extreme detail and over 1500 years old


21st July 2009

Louvre
The AGO here in Canada is one of my favourite places to be so I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in the grandeur of The Louvre! What an experience!! The painting looks Italian. Can't remember the guy's name but I think it's called "Wedding Feast". Hey, I only minored in Fine Art history. Anyway, can't wait to see you both back in Canada and hear the live, uncensored details of your AMAZING trip! Wasn't Stonehenge also used by the Celtric Druids as an altar for human sacrifices? Or was that an episode of Twilight Zone?

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1002s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb