The Most Athletic Day Ever!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had the best workout day today! I'm gonna keep this short, since I'm not at an Internet cafe, and the wireless is a little spotty, but we'll fill in the details later.

Paris people are beautiful. It must be in the water, because the sidewalk feels more like a catwalk. Stunning!

Today we took an incredible 3 1/2 hour bike tour through the side streets of Paris. If you ever come visit Paris, look into Bike About Tours. It's an independent tour company put together by an American and a Kiwi. Wonderful guys who really know their stuff.

We then came back to the apartment and rested before we had a wonderful picnic underneath the Eiffel Tower. We had a great spread of wine, cheese, and bread. It was a perfect meal.

By the way, move over Tower Bridge, there's a new obsession: the Eiffel Tower. I swear we have almost 100 pictures of it from a distance, under it, and in it. Speaking of which, we also had our second workout of the day, by walking up to the second observation deck. It's a LONG way up there, and thankfully, we've documented our effort on video.

More to come on the AMAZING Paris later, but it's bedtime. Au revoir!

Advertisement



3rd July 2009

:-) The trip sounds amazing! I so envious of you two. Can't wait to see the pictures. Has Mike bumped into his hero, Rick Steves yet? I am reading his book right now. It's entitled "Europe Through My Back Door". Excellent stuff. Happy 4th! Will be thinking of you at Nate's firework show this evening.
4th July 2009

Sound like so much fun! I know you said you took lots of pics of the Eiffel Tower, but what about all of views once you got up there, all around the city! I love Paris too! Have fun in Italy!
4th July 2009

Ah, Paris. "The City of Lights"
Still have fond memories of my trip to Paris, soundls like you are enjoying it as much as I did. Forgot those tiny theme park Eiffel Tower replicas, welcome to the real thing. I recommed doing a Seine River tour, amazing! Don't forget the Champs-Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe. Back here in the good ole ugly people U.S.A., we'll be celebrating something tomorrow. Picnics, hot dogs, burgers, fireworks, etc...

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb