Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 3rd 1974
Published: June 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

ParisParisParis

The most important landmark of Paris is this the Eiffel Tower. We were here on very rainy and cold Thursday morning.
Day 21
Thursday

Patricia Dorsey Murphy


Paris
Rainy cold

Took a tour all around city. In the afternoon Di and I went to the Louvre. Saw the Mona Lisa, Venus Di Milo, Winged Victory..many great paintings. Went to a place called the New Eve for a show and Eve for another show. .got back about 12.




Dianne Dorsey Parker Gilbreath

Place: Paris, France
Weather: cold
Went on a tour this morning and saw Napoleon’s Tomb, Arc of Triumph and Eiffel Tower. Also saw Notre Dame and the Louvre. Saw the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. The Louvre was fabulous!!

Got on the subway to the hotel and got a little lost but with help, finally made it. Went out for the last night to the “New Eve” and had a great dinner and floor show. Then went to a girlie show and it was pretty good. All had a good time on our last night. Paris was a very fascinating city. I would like to come back here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

TombTomb
Tomb

Napoleon's Tomb in Paris. Would you believe Old Nap is entombed in 14 caskets, some wood, some metal and a few are stone. Visable is a beautiful red marble tomb.
TombTomb
Tomb

Another view of Napoleon's Tomb. That's Patty and Nell in the foreground and Father Raymond Geyer behind them. Tomb is part of the Hotel Invalides.
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

Panel at left side of entrance to Notre Dame. The figure with head in hands is Cardinal who was beheaded by the French Government.
CathedralCathedral
Cathedral

Monument in garden behind Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. The famous Cathedral is on an island in middle of Seine River.


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb