So much to see so little time


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 1st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel TowerThe Eiffel Tower

Nothing more needs to be said.
Today we walked endlessly, so we are feeling a little tired, sore and sunburnt. We walked to the Eiffel Tower, and climbed the 700 steps up to the second level. The queue for the lift was too long. Actually, we didn't realise that the queue we had waited in for 45 minutes sold only tickets to climb the stairs. We then travelled to the Arc de Triomphe, then walked back along the Champs Elysees to the Place de la Concorde, then through the Jardin Tuileries to the Louvre. From there, we went to the Sainte-Chapelle to view the two storey royal chapel with its amazing stained glass windows, where the king's relics of Christ's Passion were kept . The final stop was to look around inside the Catherdal of Notre Dame. Once inside, we took a side tour of the Treasury, which displayed many precious religious objects, including some of the reliquaries that were originally in Sainte-Chapelle. To end the day, we finally made our way to the Bastille. So far this would have to be the most disappointing landmark, as apart from a central column to commemorate the event, there is nothing else remaining. Tomorrow we conquer Montmatre.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Sainte-ChapelleSainte-Chapelle
Sainte-Chapelle

Amazing windows.


Tot: 0.418s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb