Versailles


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 31st 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

They call this art!They call this art!They call this art!

Modernism has a lot to answer for with this water feature sponsored by Gardena at Versailles. Believe it or not!
We arrived in Paris last night at 7.20pm 30th May. Thank God we booked the airport transfer it made life much easier to get to our apartment. We had a minor catastrophe, I brought the wrong power adaptor so we were not able to charge any of our equipment until late today Sunday 31st. We happened by chance to obtain one at a souvenir store near Notre Dame, so watch this space for some pictures soon.

Today we went to mass at Notre Dame de Paris, insence and all!! And Tony and Ron, the thurifer put 360 degrees back in vogue. We then hopped on a train to Versailles, and spent the remaining afternoon wainting in line to get tickets. There was some time to see the Palace of Louis XIV and the glorious gardens. Jarie Drury would be in heaven with all of the water features. In most other countries, people suffer from the ABCs (not Another Bloody Church/Castle, ect). At Versailles, it was "not another bloody fountain" The piece de resistance was the one sponsored by Gardena! Wait for the picture. (Louis would be turning in his grave.)

We eventually returned to the apartment and ended the
The two cherubsThe two cherubsThe two cherubs

Anthony finally meets his twin.
day with a lovely meal and a bottle of red from the Bourdeux region.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Hall of MirrorsThe Hall of Mirrors
The Hall of Mirrors

The most stunning and the most over the top room. One chandelier too many, do you think?


Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb