Musee d'Orsay


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 28th 2008
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After mum let us lie in and we had sorted ourselves out (Tesni was comfortable on the couch, and didnt snore too much thank goodness) we headed off to take in the sights at the Musee d'Orsay. We stopped a Metro stop away and walked through the park next to the Louvre so we could have a quick look around as we walked, and then waited in line for about 45 minutes or so to get in. The musee used to be a train station and has the most amazing clock in the side that is seen both on the outside and the inside, and lends itself well to the museum it has become. The crowds werent too bad, so we got to have a good look at everything, and their collection of art is very impressive. They have the famous polar bear sculpture, which Tesni was very excited to show us, and after that we finally came across the most impressive collection of Art Noveau furniture and fittings any of us has ever seen (and the collection has come from all sorts of different places as well, whoever sources their material has done incredibly well). After ohhing and ahhing at that for half an hour or so it was closing time, and we headed off down the Seine to have a look at everything at night and have a bit of a walk. We walked down to the Eiffel Tower and took all the obligatory touristy photos and sampled the local hot dogs (fyi, mustard in france is HOT) and then headed back to the subway (300m in france does NOT mean 300m, if they say the metro is about 300m away expect at least a 2km walk) and headed home for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb