after lots of rest


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 12th 2006
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

heather posing with artheather posing with artheather posing with art

a little embarrassed by all the nudity???
We possibly had too much to drink our first night in Paris, because we somehow slept through breakfast today. We blame it on our new french-polish friend Hans from the La Fourmi and our unhappy bartender who relunctantly served us another drink. Refreshed by an unexpected COLD shower this morning and free tickets from a generous french couple, we spent today at the Louvre (amazing and overwhelming). We are so resourceful that we were able to give our canadian friend, Kevin, a guided tour of the french sculptures because he was a bit lost. It could have been a ploy for his dinner invite, but we caught on quickly and sent him politely on his way.
We encountered our first rude french person at the RER train station to the Eiffel tower, which Heather handled with the good manners in which we were brought up. It went something like this

Just give us our darn tickets, s'il vous plait

and they say americans are rude. We got caught trying to sneak Heather into the Eiffel tower, playing it off as a language barrier because the attendant mistook 2 persons for 2nd floor admittance. While a bit touristy, it did offer some amazing views of the city and river. The weather is cold but bearable, lots of walking and snuggling with train patrons keeps us warm. We had a magnifique dinner at a nearby Indian restaurant, Tasnia, a nice change from french bread, french fries and french onion soup. We spend our last night at the Perfect Hotel, which has been perfect other than the cold shower today and the ongoing construction noise (which had absolutely no effect on my sleep). We are off to Florence, Italy tomorrow night on a couchette sleeper train. Should be interesting. Hope all is well in the states, and thanks to the peeps for commenting on our blog.
Jennifer


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

eiffel towereiffel tower
eiffel tower

on top of the world


13th January 2006

Hey Bud, Glad Ripcord knew what her back pack was really for atop the Eifel tower! No base jumping! Make all the minutes fun!!!! P.S. Party On! and Have a Kool Day!!!!
13th January 2006

hello
While I know how much you hate the cold showers, it sounds like you are finding lots of other adventures to compensate for it. I can just see you too playing the "blonde" card at the Eiffel Tower. Can't wait to hear how the train ride to Italy went. Enjoy and be safe!
13th January 2006

Train Rides
It may be too late for the ride to Italy - but for the next train ride I can highly recommend buying a bottle of wine and a deck of cards to keep you occupied. Though looking out of the window isn't so bad either. :) Thinking of you - and wishing you the best on your trip.

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb