Disneyland Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 30th 2005
Published: December 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sleeping Beauty's castleSleeping Beauty's castleSleeping Beauty's castle

Snow early changing to rain in the afternoon
The final day of our trip was our visit for the kids to Disneyland Paris. The weather was the worst day of our trip which was OK considering we're coming home tomorrow and we actually had more opportunities to be inside than some of our other days. We're glad we had such nice weather for most our D-Day touring.

Disneyland Paris is much like the Magic Kingdom or Disneyland CA, though slightly smaller. We have a couple of pictures of the castle and Diana with Minnie and Mickey, but we're having trouble loading them now, so we'll try once we're home. One advantage of this resort being newer than its US counterparts is that the rides are all newer and better. Space Mountain here (called Space Mountain Mission 2) is much more exciting than those in the states. You're shot out of a simulated cannon to start and there's vertical and horizontal loops. Several other rides are similarly improved or updated.

In the afternoon, we went next door to their MGM Studios which is much smaller than the MGM Studios at Disneyworld and would not be worthy of an entire day. After splitting up into groups and seeing what we wanted, we then headed out to a neighboring mall for dinner at a Friday's type chain called Hippopotamus. Deb was able to get her first French Onion soup of the trip!

We're all excited for the flight home tomorrow and have enjoyed the trip very much. Thank you all for checking out our blog and your comments.

Happy New Year to all!

The Greenwoods


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



31st December 2005

Catch up
We are in the condo and online. Checked your web site to catch up on your trip. We know the trip was a great experience for you all but we know you will be glad to get home . Please give us a call when you get a chance. We loved your daily journal.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb