T-minus one day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

here i am in paris, a city most people only dream of visiting, and all i can think of i going home. most of this is that im just really looking forward to going home, but i must admit part is that the french suck and paris isnt that great. i saw their sites, one real big church(notre dame) was ok, the giant lightening rod was so so(eiffel tower) the only really cool thing i liked was the catacombs under the city, and its not just because it was filled with dead french people.

the real highlight of my day was diving into the seine river to rescue a french poodle. yeah i found it ironic as well. poor little thing, not sure how it got in there as her owner spoke french obviously and all i understood was merci. but good deed for the day done, i put my cloths back on and gave the city another shot.

the situation did not improve. so across the carrousel bridge into carrousel park there was no friggin' carrousel. what the hell is that about. im afraid this city is just not meant to be seen on ones own. the whole romantic aspect is their bread and butter. id try again, maybe, with the right woman in a few years, maybe.

otherwise the news is mixed. i quit smoking for my 30th birthay, as promised kyle. im getting over some of what i had, but others persist. when i get home its straight to taco bell, then ill need to see a dentist and perhaps even a... doctor! yikes! ill get a better idea once im home. till then keep your head down a dont let the swine give you and guff.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb