41 days, and it has come to an end :(

France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 14th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday morning we had a little bit of a late start and by the time we arrived in town it was nearly noon. After a 45 minute wait we finally started our ascent of the Eiffel Tower. At the first stop the view was rather impressive, at the second it was incredible, if we had waited half an hour longer to take the elevator to the top I’m sure it would have been amazing! Had lunch at a Turkish place, where we all had interestingly good meals. Then off to the Sacré-Cœur Basilica where there was a great view of the city. Wandered through a street that was just lined with souvenir shops, and because of this and the fact that we were not in the touristy part of town the prices were much lower than expected. This was a definite bonus! We then took the metro to the BatoBus Station, which is a river boat that cruises up and down the River between the attractions. The BatoBus took us to Pont Neuf which my dad claims means new bridge… Little does he know neuf means 9. By the time we finished walking around and doing what we were doing it was 9, we took the metro back to the hotel, picked up some food and watched the Canadians win no medals in the Olympics. The next day we got a much earlier start and arrived at the Louvre just after 10! With no lines to wait in this early in the morning it was great. As we walked up to the Mona Lisa, I’d hate to know what it would be like at a busy time of day, as she was surrounded with what seamed like everyone in the museum. Spent a few hours looking at the paintings, sculptures, and Egyptian artifacts then headed out to grab a bite to eat. Had steak tartar! For those of you who don’t know, steak tartar is a raw ground up steak, with a few spices. It was surprisingly good. Although it was to much to each as it hadn’t shrunk in the cooking process. Moving on from there we visited the Notre Dam. Where we saw the biggest line up we had seen yet to get into an attraction. Down and around the next block. So we walked along the river then headed homeward. Picked up groceries for dinner, and then mostly packed. Tomorrow we fly out of Paris at 4pm Local time, and arrive in Vancouver 3 hours later at 7pm local time. Don’t feel left out if you didn’t get a post card. Nobody Did. I will do another update within the next few days with a roundup of pictures, and a conclusion.

Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Steak TartarSteak Tartar
Steak Tartar

because i'm just too manly for blue rare.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0135s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb