Sparklers


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 2nd 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Robert and Kathy actually decided to go for drinks after dinner (or past 9:00 p.m.). We went to this club down the street from the hotel. Very discoy - strobe lights and dancing waiters. Of course, we ordered our favorite - cosmopolitans. Well, our drinks arrived, complete with sparklers - we kid you not - just look at the pics. Attached to each sparkler was a huge hunk of pineapple, which is not an ingredient in a cosmo. At first, we thought that the sparkler would only come with the first drink but no .... every drink we had contained a sparkler. It was the funniest thing we had seen in a while. Well, at least since we had cosmos in Cannes, in the south of France, when Robert's cosmo came with a cherry tomato and Kathy's came with a slice of star fruit. At the rooftop garden bar at our hotel in Nice, our cosmos came with a skewer of candy - one gummy bear and three easter-peep-like candy. At the hotel bar in Geissbach, the bartender burned the orange peel before putting it into the cosmos. Finally, at one place (we can't remember where), the cosmos were absolutely vile!! We have no idea what was in them but they were drinkable because there was sugar around the rim - also a new one.

Advertisement



3rd August 2008

Beautiful photos!
Thanks for sharing the photos from the Louvre. The statues are so incredible. The sparklers in your cocktails match the smiles on your faces! You're missed!!!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb