Ratatouille - Day 2 Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 28th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today, we started our day with a trip to the U.S. Embassy in order to get Kathy's replacement passport. As usual, Robert knew how to work the Metro system and we got to the embassy post haste. Well, the embassy is surrounded by security and we needed to go the consulate, which is the building next to the embassy. Apparently, no one knows where that is because we went around in circles. Finally, we found where we needed go, which we had been by but the gate was closed and no one was standing there. We got there at 12:01 and it closes at 12:00. Because we are not departing anytime in the immediate future, they asked if we could come back tomorrow - we can. It will take about 3 hours but Kathy will get a passport to go home.

We went around the corner for lunch. While sitting in the cafe, we noticed the chef Ratatouille (picture attached). He made several appearances both in the restaurant and at the outside tables. Who knew the movie was based on a true story???


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



1st August 2008

good lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!is that seriously a mouse? i would have died right there in the street.

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb