4th day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 11th 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Its taken me a while to get online. After several failed attempts, I figured out that the numbers along the top of the keyboard do not work, so the computer would not accept my password! This morning I tried the numbers at the right--bingo! Now that Im finally on, Im struggling with the different keyboard. Wouldnt you know it: some of the most common letters and characters are interposed or put in awkward places! I havent yet found an apostrophe.

Some highlights of Paris: the food, of course! Street food is so good too. On Sunday, Robin and I shared a gyros that included frites. I watched the man pile lettuce, tomatoes, donner kebab meat, frites on top of a pita and wondered how we were going to eat it. He skilfully formed it all into a cone shape and wrapped it in a paper. We ate it in the sunshine standing by the Seine.
We have eaten and had drinks at sidewalk cafes a lot because the weather has been amazingly warm (23 degrees C and up).

After a 4 1/2 hour trip from the airport to our hotel by shuttle, bus, Metro, and on foot, we decided we had to meet our cousins when they arrived 2 days later. It was much easier the second time and 4 of us handled luggage for 2. Were staying at a small hotel on the Left Bank within walking distance of Notre Dame.

Last night I went to a concert in Sainte Chapelle which is on Ile de la Cite just along from Notre Dame. It was mainly Vivaldi and the 7 sting players did a superb job of the Four Seasons. I also loved hearing Albinonis Adagio and Pachabels Canon. The evening light came through the stained glass windows and faded to night as the concert proceeded. The acoustics were phenomenal! Our friend, Bob, from Carmel, happens to be here just now,so he joined me while the other 3 of our party went to Montmartre for the evening.
More later...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb