Know Your Sortie


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A Candle for GrandpaA Candle for GrandpaA Candle for Grandpa

Notre Dame Cathedral - I lit the candle on the right in memory of my Grandpa, who passed away while I was in France. Love you and miss you Grandpa.
Wow, we don't even know where to start. Our 3 days in Paris were crazy and jam-packed. I think our legs and feet are going to fall off. The weather was nuts - sunny for a few minutes and then downpours. I'm so glad Kev convinced me to bring my jacket.

Day1 - We climbed the Eiffel Tower to level one only. A pretty amazing view - We'll post some pictures. We then took the metro to Sacre-Coeur Basilica, which was soo pretty. Actually we took the metro everywhere, it's so efficient. We also saw Notre Dame, and I tried to picture Quasimodo living there, like in the Disney movie. We crashed at 7 pm, haha, in our hostel. By the by, the night before we stayed in this little hotel right by the train station, and it was the weirdest hotel ever. Our room was just so oddly set-up, and there was a lift to get to all the rooms, but it only fit one person!! (maybe two if u dont include luggage).

Day2 - The Louvre, which was cool, but kinda boring, and we just pretended we were monarchs living in the palace. We went to
A painting in the LouvreA painting in the LouvreA painting in the Louvre

Mom and Dar: We thought of you guys when we saw this painting and decided we must sneak a picture
St. Chappele church, which was probably one of our favourite churches because it was smaller but so pretty. Then to the conciergie, where prisoners were held before they were tried. We saw Marie-Antoinette's cell, which was cool. At night we went to the Latin Quarter of Paris, and had some unbelievable crepes, and joined an improptu dance party on the side of the street. We took a video of it, but I'm not sure if we can post it. Basically it was 2 guys with drums and a guitar playing songs like "No Woman, No Cry" and "Wonderwall." That was probably one of our favourite moments. Oh, and now that reminds me of our other favourite moment. At like 2:30 am, some Spanish guys came back to the hostel and were showering and being very loud, waking everyone up with their yelling. Some Aussie or English girl came out into the hall and just started screaming at them. At the end of her rant there was a long pause of silence, and then one of the guys said "Are you angry?" ..... big pause here..... "Why dont you take a shower?" Me and kev are still laughing over it.
A DeliA DeliA Deli

I wish I could capture smells like you can capture a vision in a picture. This deli smelled amazing. Deli girls I thought of you

Day 3 - Versaille. King Louises' palace outside of Paris. Very cool and Lavish. Marie Antionette actually had her own estates built away from the palace, complete with a fake farmhouse, mill, etc., because she liked peasant life. We also saw the door she escaped through when she was fleeing the revolutionaries. On our way back from her estates and the gardens, it started pouring. We were completely soaked by the time we reached the castle again. It was pretty fun.

Day 4 - We took an overnight train last night from Paris to Nice, where we are now. Our room was the size of a bathroom, but had 6 bunk beds for six people. Needless to say, we were a bit squished, but surprisingly slept quite well.

We're gonna stay in the French Riveria for a few days and then head down to Spain. We miss everyone!! Remember to leave us comments and let us know what it going on at home. No geoff, we wont be going back to london. Love to all!

PS. Uploading the photos is a no-go right now. We're gonna try again later day. Hopefully a different computer will work.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Couchette in an Overnight TrainCouchette in an Overnight Train
Couchette in an Overnight Train

Can you see how cramped I am? (And how happy I look?)
The Lift in our Paris hotelThe Lift in our Paris hotel
The Lift in our Paris hotel

I was too scared to go in, so Kev rode up with our luggage (not that I'm sure I would fit). Mom you would have been so claustrophobic.
Davy JonesDavy Jones
Davy Jones

This pic is for Tim - his tentacles were actually moving!
Napoleon and usNapoleon and us
Napoleon and us

Just in front of the Arc de Triomphe. He's not really dead you know.


18th June 2007

loving this new site
Hi Em and Kevin, This is the beautious one setting up this blog for gramma Audrey. She sends her love and kisses and hopes you are both happy and well. This so so exciting. Audrey is doing fine and says you are to have a good time and do not dwell on things that are not so fine. She is fine and is very happy for you both. I will write to you when I get home. Love hearing from you both. Much Love Always, Grandma xxxooo
19th June 2007

GRANDPA
I love seeing the picture of the candle for Grandpa - it means a lot to me. The service for Grandpa today was very beautiful. Also, such a great photo of Dar and I when we lived in that era! Love you.
19th June 2007

Vanilla slice
I see a vanilla slice in that display - yum - they are soooo good!
20th June 2007

Hey Guys - great to hear you are doing well. Sorry to hear about your grandpa, Em. Keep writing - I get to live vicariously through you! Love you both!
25th June 2007

Miss Hearing From You
Hi Em and Kev, Hope this note finds you both fine and happy. I miss your blogs. Bet you have seen many beautiful places and lots of experiences. Enjoy and know we miss you. Write when you can. Love you. Love Auntie Marlene and Uncle Joe

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb