Fromage Eating....


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
February 11th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Some famous English Rugby guy..Some famous English Rugby guy..Some famous English Rugby guy..

We took a photo of some énglish lads in a pub´and turns out this one was one of Englands most famous number 8´s...not that we had heard of him!

Hotel Richard....is NOT recommended!



Well we made it from London to Paris.

Again it was freezing cold and we looked like the consummate backpackers in our dodgy clothes and stacked packs!

Arriving at Charles De Gaulle and attempting to find your way out of the airport and onto a train to the city is a complete mission unless you speak French! NOTHING was in English at all and NO ONE wanted to help...charming start! (Don´t expect people to have english written on things but you would assume being such a large international airport with so many English visitors there might be SOME help....) oh well we finally got it sussed and were on our way!

Arrived at the Hotel Richard (Ree-shard for you neanderthal aussies...which is how we felt when we called it the Hotel ´Rich-ard´ and got terrible looks!) Their stairs are on a slope, in fact I think the building is leaning like the Tower of Pisa, there are little doors in the wall between landinfçgs which are the toilets...and the beds are REALLY uncomfortable....but enough whingeing!

Paris itself is beautiful. We took our little Lonely Planet guide to Paris and set about doing
Snow.....Snow.....Snow.....

Yes...this much snow shut down Londons trains and buses and schools for the day..hmm...
a few of their suggested walks..and saw everything over a few days!

From Notre Dame which we explored for a while, we headed to the Crepe Man...awesome chicken crepes fpr lunch...awesome.

Then over the bridge and onto the usual touristy things such as the Louvre (AMAZING) then wandered along the Champs Elysees - gorgeous - the Arc De Triomphe and of course...the Eiffel Tower! It was FREEZING cold and the lines to get up were huge..but it was so well worth it...we got there in time to see sunset and the night view over the city so pretty wonderful really!

After that, home for a microwave meal and some fromage and breadsticks!! hehe how French!

The next day we continued our walk..but broke it up with a cruise along the river Seine..where we saw the Statue of Liberty - of course!?..hmm but is was a beautiful way to see the city. Then we wandered around the streets and up a -few- stairs for a change...found the Sacre Coeur (big church) and the unbelievable views it offers over the city. We then made our way past the famous windmills of Montmare and Dali´s museum...past Van Gogh´s original
Gay Paree!Gay Paree!Gay Paree!

hmmm...crepes in France...who woulda thought it!? (and yep - my belly has been paying for all those crepes and bad foods ever since..!!)
house and then to the Moulin Rouge!

Huge day...needed a drink after that one! We had a meal in a French restaurant - splashed out! - and then slept before heading out for the next leg of the race...Madrid here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Typical Tourist PhotoTypical Tourist Photo
Typical Tourist Photo

The Eifeel Tower - in case you had not guessed!
Entrance to the LouvreEntrance to the Louvre
Entrance to the Louvre

Da Vinci Code fans eat your heart out!! I saw soooo many awesome paintings that I sutdued at school...it was phenomenal!
Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

Self explanatory really..
Eiffel Tower - evening viewEiffel Tower - evening view
Eiffel Tower - evening view

Gorgeous light show of the city of Paris...
The Moulin RougeThe Moulin Rouge
The Moulin Rouge

I love this movie so was fantastic to come here and see this!!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb