Paris, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 27th 2004
Published: June 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Date: 27.11.2004
Destination: Paris, France
Day: 1

Paris, the romantic city. It was a weekend and following a day tour, we got to see this beautiful city and some of her world famous landmark. The bus begin the 6 hours long journey at midnight and reached Paris at approximately 8.30pm, making us having exactly 12 hours to see and feel the life in Paris. The weather was by our side as it is not too cold but just cool enough.

First stop, Eiffel Tower. After getting used to the train, we finally reach the tower. The sight was just amazing! The tower is very high and we just couldn't see the top of it, because of the morning haze! People were starting to get more and more, so after a short breakfast picnic in the park, up we go. It cost more than 10Euro just to go up to the highest floor. This tower consist of 3 floors where the first 2 floors are within walking distance and the 3rd or highest floor (on top of the tower) is essesible only by lift. We went straight to the top. But the haze are still thick that we just can see things nearer, not far. So bad luck. The view from the second floor was much better. There are already a lot of people by the time we decided to head down. As we walk further from the tower through the big park adjacent to it, we can get a nice view of Eiffel Tower. Photographs were taken as a proof that we came here before. Paris are full of old buildings around.

Next stop, the Champs Elysées and Arc de Triomphe. Just few stations away, we came to the world famous shopping street in the world. Anybody who can shop here all day must be extremely rich! We walk along this street near noon and there was so many people shopping for Christmas already. There was also long lines of people waiting to enter the afternoon cinema. As we walk along Champs Elysées, we saw the Arc de Triomphe in front. It was the monument in the middle of 15 junctions and the only way there was from the tunnel beneath it. I wonder why the make it into 15 junctions? I think this monument was built to remember the soldiers. Everybody was hungry but there isn't any place for us to have our 'picnic' so off we go to Musée du Louvre.

Musée du Louvre is one of the largest art museum in the world and certainly the most amazing. Outside, the museum is long rows of big old mansions surrounding a glass pyramid. The pyramid is the main entrance to the museum. Some of my friends decided to skip the museum because if time constraint and money but me and another one just went ahead. We were not dissapointed because it is really amazing inside with so many big and great paintings. The most beautiful is of course Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci. A long rows of people just waiting to have a glimpse of this famous painting. We managed to have some photos taken. Ha!

It was nearly evening as we headed to the next destination, Notre Dame. This famous cathedral was also nice and situated in one of the oldest part in Paris. People were strolling around and some even went into and up the cathedral. We didn't! Night time arrived and we managed to snap some nice night photos like those in postcards. Truly amazing.

As there was still 3 hours before boarding the bus, we decided to head back to Eiffel Tower to have a look at her. Wow! The night view was spectacular especially with thousands of spotlight flashing! I think Paris is more romantic at night. Truly. After taking more photos, we headed again to Champs Elysées. Again, nice... At last, time to board the bus and head back home. It was a short trip but we really did experiance four of Paris must-sees, the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Musée du Louvre and the Notre Dame. Then, it's 6 hours trip back...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb