Odyssey 2019 - Laying low in Paris, and a change in plan


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 13th 2019
Published: June 13th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Since Dee bruised her foot in the unfortunate tumble she suffered earlier this week at Notre-Dame, we've stayed close to home, venturing out only to eat, buy groceries around the corner, or to take short walks.

She's been able to hobble along at a snail's pace, but is understandably nervous for fear of another misstep on the rough, uneven streets and pavements that are so common here--and in many of the other venues we've visited during our trip. It's a bit nerve-racking for me as well, so I hold on to her hand even more tightly than usual to help her maintain her balance as we walk.

Yesterday we decided--reluctantly and sadly--to shorten our trip by 5 days, thus returning on June 19th instead of the 24th. Given Dee's reduced mobility, it made little sense to stay in Paris much longer, so we booked a direct flight with Norwegian Air from Paris to Orlando. Our original Lufthansa flight from Paris would have required a connection in Frankfurt, and a narrow time window to make that connection, which would have been challenging even under the best of conditions.

We were both a bit teary-eyed at the prospect of ending
Horse and buggy in Paris?Horse and buggy in Paris?Horse and buggy in Paris?

Neither of us can recall seeing a horse and buggy in all the years we've visited Paris.
our odyssey earlier than planned, but we've had a great run---with no shortage of memories along the way.

It remains to be seen how much more, if any, sightseeing we'll be able to accomplish in Paris, so this blog may be winding down in the few days remaining. Today Dee's foot felt well enough to try a longer outing, so we took a slow walk to rue Cler for lunch (3/4-of-a-mile, roundtrip) without causing her discomfort.

After a great lunch at the Brasserie Tribeca, where we ate lasagne, chicken piccata and chocolate lava cake for dessert, we returned to the apartment via rue du Champ de Mars. On the way Dee stopped at a little boutique (La Mandalas), where she had purchased some pieces of jewelry 5 years ago, and was delighted to find the shop still open for business. She found a couple rings to take home as souvenirs, then we made a quick stop at the grocery store before returning to the apartment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

LasagneLasagne
Lasagne

Brasserie Tribeca
Chicken piccataChicken piccata
Chicken piccata

Brasserie Tribeca
Scrumptious dessertScrumptious dessert
Scrumptious dessert

Brasserie Tribeca
Pork and white beansPork and white beans
Pork and white beans

Café Constant


13th June 2019

I’m so sorry to hear you are cutting your trip short a few days. Enjoy all you can and by the looks of all the scrumptious food you have shown, you definitely are. A horse drawn carriage is what you need to get around town! Take it easy! ?
13th June 2019

Au Revoir Paris
So sorry to hear about your fall Dee, It is hard to walk around with a hurt foot. The food looks amazing and will be missed. But the memories are always there.Enjoy the last few days and see you all soon. All's well at the house. Will miss the blog great job Mitch I know it's a lot of work and I love it!!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb