Last days in Corsica


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Corsica » Ajaccio
June 14th 2011
Published: June 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last days in Corsica


Dave, the most wonderful boy in the world that he is had booked us for our last two nights in Corsica at a 4-star boutique hotel, l’Hotel Palazzu u Domu – tres chic baby!!!!!!!
We have worked the main difference between 2-3 and 4-star hotels, it is simply the quality of the the bed and pillows and air conditioning followed by the bathroom. If you just have a decent pillow(s) you can have the most wonderful night’s sleep.

We just relaxed on the Sunday (12 June) in Ajaccio with a walk along the boulevard and swim at the beach before taking dinner at a local Corsican restaurant. Dave had wild boar stew and I had yummy pasta with green beans.

On Monday (13 June) we completed a four-hour hike up to ‘Sentiers de Crete’ walk giving you a wonderful aerial views of Ajaccio and coastline. We had a casual bite to eat in an alleyway restaurant that was packed and happened to be in the street where Napoleon was raised and his family lived.

Tuesday (14 June) we had to fill a day before our overnight ferry to Toulon
at 9.00pm so we went to the beach via another walk along the mountain ridge overlooking Ajaccio. The water was a beautiful crystal blue with sand like we are used to at home as opposed to rocks we have seen so far in Italy/Sicily and parts of Corsica.
We broke the time to kill into time elapsed units (1 unit = 15 minutes stolen from the film “About a Boy” with Hugh Grant). So lying the sun – 3 units, swim – 2 units, walk back to hotel – 5 units and before we knew it the time was up and we were having our homemade romantic picnic supper while the sun set and the boat departed to France mainland.
p.s. had the best sleep onboard the ferry and were not too sad that we didn’t hit the nightclub named “The Dancing Palace”


We loved visiting Corsica and see ourselves coming back as it has so much to offer – natural beauty and giving an active traveller loads to do be it mountain bike riding, hiking and road cycling. Who knows maybe Dave will come back to do the infamous GR20 hike across the highest peaks in Corsica’s inland? We’re not sure his sidekick will do it as well (yet).






Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0923s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb