Paris day 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre
June 13th 2016
Published: June 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

IVe been trying to post pictures to the blog from my phone but to no avail. Not sure if this is due to poor network connections or something else. The network connections are likely to take turn for the worse too, so take a look on FB for possible trip pics.

Yesterday was a rainy day in Paris. We walled along the Seine and through the town and bought a lock to put on the bridge as tribute to 20 great years together. Then it started to rain so we ducked into a cafe for lunch and sat dry under the awning for a couple of hours eating, drinking wine and watching the Parisienne scramble by trying not to get wet or not seeming to care about getting wet. I had onion soup, of course, and Kelly had Croque Madame, which is a croquet monsieur (gelled ham and cheese) with a fried egg on top. Delicious! We didn'twant to eat too much because it was the night for our special dinner at Epicure, a 3 star restaurant.

Epicure is in the Hotel Bristol, and is wonderful. Our next door neighbor, David Kinch who is also a 3 star rated chef - yes really, he is one of only 4 in California, had suggested it. We had the tasting menu which was 7 courses of small proportions..of course several amuse bouche, then artichoke appetizer, langostin appetizer, sole, duck breast, cheese course, palate cleanser, strawberries with Norman cream, a chocolate dome with chocolate mousse, and finally some chocolate candies and macarons. Words can't describe how wonderful each little dish was.

This evening we get on the plane to Mahe island in the Seychelles. Each hotel and the boat say they have WiFi in the lobby si hopefully this blog will continue! For pictures check FB.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb