Cheverny


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Cheverny
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The houndsThe houndsThe hounds

Sniffing out their food
After a morning shopping in Blois we got to Cheverney chateaux in time to see the feeding of the dogs. They keep around 100 french hounds there (for hunting). They were cute dogs and certainly seemed to have a sense of smell. About 10 minutes before the keeper turned up with the food they all got excited with their noses in the air. Their food got laid out while they were locked in a different area. They were near hysterical by that point jamming each other up against the gate, and climbing on top of each other to be the first closest to the food. It reminded me of crowd riots at soccer games where people get crushed.

Cheverny was a lovely homely castle. It was very well furnished with everyday living items from centuries gone by, as well as wedding photos of the current owners who still live there now (its been in the same family for more than 6 centuries), and most surfaces were either painted timber or tapestries, so it was quite warm and cosy compared to some of the others. The grounds were very well kept and park like. It had a cute little potager to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Loire river in BloisLoire river in Blois
Loire river in Blois

Taking a break from shopping


Tot: 0.388s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb