Bike trip coming to an end


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy
August 13th 2008
Published: August 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The last two days of the wine tasting, bike trip where pretty awesome. We meet the La Comtesse de Loisy who was a 91 year old firecracker that showed us her gigantic wine cellar and entertained us with stories about growing grapes, black mold, and even war stories. After we listened and laughed we continued on to meet Greg and tour is Cermant, sparkling wine like Champiagn but since it is not from the Champaign region it is just Cremant. It was neat to see how to make Cremant and we tasted plenty of it in a cave. I'm not a big fan but that's just me. We wound up at the Hotel Le Cep, where we started, and enjoyed a dinner with Mattieu and Christen at a local favorite spot. I'm not going to lie after eating all those snails and wild boar and many things i couldn't pronounce or remember I had a good old cheeseburger with Frites!!! It was pretty dang good.

The last day of our trip we rode out of Beaune and tackled our largest "hill", it was as big as Mnt. Everest to us flat-landers, to be rewarded with a spectacular view from the top. We made quick work of getting down Mnt. Everest and meet Mattieu's friend Raymond who is just as you would picture him. After thousands of sunflower field pictures we picniced in Chassagne-Montrachet, another place I have never heard of, and caught a quick cat nap before tasting more wine. A resturaunt owner from San Francisco was opening Grand Crus from the late 70's and letting us have the left overs. A wine drinkers delight, I'm not a wine drinker and to be honest I didn't really like any of them, oh well. We had a nice dinner and probably the best food of the trip, besides the cheeseburger, and told stories and laughed even though everyone else in the resturuant thought we were being loud Americans.

All and all i learned alot about Burgundy and Her wine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

old paperold paper
old paper

one of the last things King Louis the 16th signed
LunchLunch
Lunch

This guy started this resturaunt to make enough money to get one of these cars


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 26; qc: 111; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb