A quieter day and a bit of humour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
July 17th 2016
Published: July 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

HmmmmHmmmmHmmmm

Big decision to decide what to eat!!
A quieter day, which will end with attending a service at the local cathedral, St-Bénigne, at 8:00pm. This cathedral was named after the first apostle of Burgundy. Its spire of 91 metres is the tallest in Dijon. It also boasts the beautiful Burgundian glass tiled roof.



But, the day started with a delightful outing…closer to home on the banks of Lac Kir. Another brocante! A leisurely stroll under the trees and through the pathways between the tables provided a pleasant start to our quiet day. Yes, a couple of purchases were made: a pot for Lyn, (oh, and a key for her new collection) and a small jug for Jan.





And now, the pièce-de-résistance for the day: Madame Smith created lunch for us; her very first soufflé! A brilliant effort and worth sharing! Mabel helped whisk the egg whites, Neville worked out the flour measurement, Jan finished the egg-white-whisking and Madame did everything else. Perfection! We three mere mortals will not be attempting to make soufflé here. The competition is too strong!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

So...Mabel is 'on trend' and likes taking selfies...So...Mabel is 'on trend' and likes taking selfies...
So...Mabel is 'on trend' and likes taking selfies...

Ummm...a camera works differently to a smartphone when taking selfies! This is how is turned out!
Madame is excited!Madame is excited!
Madame is excited!

Approaching the brocante by Lac Kir
The things people sell!The things people sell!
The things people sell!

No, not Mabel, the sash...put it on her just for a photo shoot!


18th July 2016

Voila!
Heard about the soufflés and they look great and with French wine too. Yummo. Madame you mustn't look so surprised that they were so goo!!. I can taste the good times we will have next year!!
18th July 2016

Bonjour
Très bien cuit mes amis. Les soufflés look étonnants - nous pourrions presque les goûter. Think we may need to dry mum out when you get home ;). So glad you are looking after yourselves xxx
19th July 2016
And she takes sneaky photos!

Beautiful France!
Love reading your travel stories.... Photos are awesome too my dear friend. Much love xx J

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb