In Dijon, like the mustard


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
May 31st 2006
Published: May 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well here I go with my second blog, we have just spent a few hours adding more pictures and we have some more to go, but that is for another day.
You don't know how nice it was to catch a train at a normal hour..... We were able to sleep in and get breakfast in the morning, finish packing the last few things and then check out. Off to our favorite sandwitch maker down the street and we are good to go. We got to the train station with no trouble and were nice and early. Robyn went out to try to find some more patches for our collection, but after about an hour of searching she was unable to find any. So we got on our train and headed out, the train was traveling to Louissana but the first stop was Dijon. A delightful two hour trip we arrived in Dijon, now for the search for our hotel..... The people in the train station info didn't speak engligh so the sent us to the tourist information center. The nice people there spoke english and helped us out greatly, giving us a map, telling us what bus to take, how much the bus was, etc.... So across the street to the bus stop and we were off to the hotel. Getting to the hotel was easy and so was checking in, it was nice that we didn't have to pay up front for the room. We then watched some tv, yep we had a tv in our room, and had a nap. Next we had to find some food, by this time it was about 10 so we walked into town. 20 min later we found nice place to eat dinner.
The next day was the day for our wine tour. We had to be at the train station for 9am so we had an early morning. We got there on time and there was no one there..... we waited for about 20 min before Robyn went in to the station to try to phone some one. The people in the station still did not speak english so Robyn headed to the tourist info center. There she was able to get ahold of some one and found out that the company that we booked with didn't pass on the info that we had moved hotels and were no longer meeting them at the other place. Things were worked out and we were able to take the afternoon tour. It was the shorter one but there were only three of us so it was a nice one. The tour took us through the Cote D'Or and explained about the types of wine there were. We even got to see where the most expensive bottle, one bottle costs about 30 to 50 thousand euros, of wine was grown. We had a great time. Got back to town we checked out some places for dinner and then walked around, went back to our hotel for some relaxing time and then back to town for food. We had some pizza and tryed some Kir, it is a wine that is made out of white wine and black current juce, the mayor of Dijon made this combination up. Getting back to the hotel we packed up.
Today we had to check out by 11 so we though that we would have the breakfast that was offered at the hotel. When we went for breakfast we found out that we needed to tell the front desk the night before, so no breakfast there. We walked to town with our big bag of laundry, found a laundry mat and got some clean cloths. We even got a nice freshly made bagette for breakfast. Then it was off to the internet place for posting photos. I think that we started around 2 and now it is 5 wow..... The time flew. Tonight our train leaves at 11pm, we are taking a night train, so we are killing time. Thinking of catching a movie in a bit. But first some food. So I say good by to you all, we miss you all and hope that things are going great. Will have some more pics for next time and many more tales to go.
Love Dan and Robyn

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1113s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb