Day 18 - Beaune


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Beaune
July 7th 2016
Published: July 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Slow start, breakfast then we are off to another town in the Burgundy region for another town and wine tasting. Find out that the Burgundy region produces 65% of its wine as Charonnay and the other 35% as Pinot Noir. Hmmmm.....

Anyway, we are the first for the wine tasting. Not too sure about this as a bit dusty from last night. We get to the wine house after many cobbled stone streets, then wait. Wait. Wait. Turns out the wine guide has the wrong time. Eventually we are in with a very frustrated tour guide. Tour starts with the General Manager talking to us. Down into some really good cellars that are not dressed up for tourists, then up again for tastings with the real wine tour guide. Apologies and we start tasting with a white. First wine I have had a taste then poured I to the Spit thingie. Then come the first red. Hmm, straight into the spit thing as well. Surely it is the wine and not my taste buds. Finally the last red (a crux) is drinkable and that a goes down ok.

Back out for the rest of the town tour then into an old hospital, that has a magnificent polished ceramic tiled roof and decorated interior. Finish off and back to the ship. Free time after lunch so we wander the city for a while, large town with interesting shops.

Back to the ship, beer and then up,to the room to start the packing for our disembarkation tomorrow. Oh dear, now it is real that senate close to the end. We have a Captains cocktail night before dinner where he greets us at the door, talks, then introduces the entire crew. Nice touch, and after last night, many laughs and smiles all round.

Down to dinner (the last supper) and then up to the deck for baileys, etc. bags packed and ready to be out at 0630. Bloody hell, back to bus tour times again..... Pics with our crew of 6, Facebook swaps, etc, then to the room to finalise packing. Away we go to Paris tomorrow by TGV (fast train).

Advertisement



7th July 2016

Sound as though you have had a fantastic time .... Thanks for sharing ... Looking forward to the pics

Tot: 0.603s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0128s; 1; m:saturn w:www (104.131.125.221); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.4mb