Family Reunion - part one - Beaune, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Beaune
August 5th 2008
Published: August 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Immediately after the trip to Gliwice, we hopped on a plane and flew to Paris to meet up with Katie and Hank!!
We had planned for a biking vacation. Not something we ever dreamed of doing, but when the opportunity presented itself we took it. It turned out to be the best week we have had together in a long time. We were each out of our normal settings, and participating in something that none of us knew anything about - wine making and the subtleties of wine tasting!
The tour begins in Beaune. A modern city whose old town center is still surrounded by the ramparts that have protected it since the 14th century. We soon realize that we will be in the lap of luxury for the next several days!

Hank has already published his blogs for this trip and I hope you will take time to view them -- he did a great job of documenting the different wineries, and bike routes. I only recall that I rode a bike, and drank wine!

Start of our Trip


Early morning Wine


More Pic's


Last group of Pic's


and he documents my favorite wine estate grand dame, La Comtesse de Loisy- the famous oenologist of Nuits Saint Georges and her 17th century mansion!
Bike trip coming to an End


I was happy to drink and ride, laugh with our new friends, and take pictures.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Rooster Weather VaneRooster Weather Vane
Rooster Weather Vane

the rooster has become a symbol of France. Not sure why, but with a litle research I found out that it might have come from "peasant origins, proud, opinionated, courageous and prolific." Sounds good to me...
Family Reunion on the trainFamily Reunion on the train
Family Reunion on the train

We met in the airport and took the train into Beaune. The kids were very tired from their respective flights, but managed to stay awake. One family member did nap and his snoring amused a football team traveling too.
with our guidewith our guide
with our guide

he had just finished a 200km ride and was looking for refreshment, when he found us relaxing at a street side cafe!
our groupour group
our group

a most fun loving group of people !! ( hey to everyone )
in a flashin a flash
in a flash

Hank captured the flash going off when I took a photo!
Le CepLe Cep
Le Cep

the luxurious hotel that we started our trip from. our last couple of nights were here also.
capturing the moment...capturing the moment...
capturing the moment...

He has the best pictures on his blog


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 144; dbt: 0.1298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb