France at last!!!!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Auxerre
September 9th 2012
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

My last blog entry finished before the plane trip here (from Guangzhou to Paris), which was unbearable. It was a night flight and I got next to no sleep despite everything I tried. I was very cramped and there was nowhere to rest your head or feet. I think the plane people expect us to sleep sitting upright! FAT CHANCE!!! They must fly first class or business!!! Not only did I not sleep, my screen, which would have normally kept me occupied, was broken so it was a sad series of events! The food on the plane was ok, nothing special but at least the juice was cold although the French air hostesses did not come around with trollies looking proud as often as they did on the flight from Sydney to Guangzhou!



After the dreadful flight we were all very tired. We had a long walk from the plane to Customs and baggage collection and were then picked up outside the terminal to go to collect our new Renault that we are leasing for five months. The drive south to the place where we are renting our house was pretty easy on the freeway.



We are staying outside a small village called Saint Georges sur Baulche, which is next to Auxerre. Auxerre is less than two hours south of Paris. Our house is called Le Moulin (meaning The Mill). There has been a water mill on the property since the 11th century. The mill was used to crush the grain that was grown in the area and was apparently quite an important local building. The current building is more than 200 years old but was converted to the current house in the ‘70s. It is sad that the mill is gone now, but we are told that in the winter water still runs through the small canal/stream that runs right beside the house and would have once turned the water wheel to power the grinder to crush the grain.



Here in Saint George sur Baulche there is not a lot to do. It is very small but there is a sports centre with two nice tennis courts that we have not yet played on as we have not been able to join the sports centre yet. There is a library that is quite small but very cosy and cute and we have joined it and borrowed some books.



We are still settling in to our new home but so far it has been lovely and I think I will continue to like our house and our town.



Will post another blog soon.

Advertisement



11th September 2012

Hi how are you licking school? At school today I sore Caitlin kicking Jess for not loking at you're emails. people are being really annoying at school(Alice). Can't wait to here from you.
18th September 2012

Hi this is caspar this is my email caspar.ilschner@emailme.com.au are you getting my emails
18th September 2012

Whats the stich (whats the plan)
Hi sad news every body is fighting at my house and it even more sad news my dick head dad see i didn't give him a capital letter. Anyway dad is and other dick head are having a stupid baby. how are you? can't wait to hear from you. PS sorry for the language.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb