Appoigny


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Auxerre
August 12th 2009
Published: September 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

From the horses mouthFrom the horses mouthFrom the horses mouth

This horse has just been told the cricket score
Appoigny 11th August

It is 8:30 and very hot. We were up at 3:30 am this morning to catch a taxi to Luton airport. Mohammed ripped through the empty streets, past Hemel Hempstead, along the M1 and into Luton in 25 minutes; try doing that at 8:30 in the morning.
We tried to act like easyjet passengers from airport reality shows but were way too tired. We were very impressed with the lads on a football trip knocking back the pints of lager at the airport bar at 5:30 in the morning—mind you they have probably tasted the airport coffee.
Anyway the plane was good. 50 minute flights are the way to go eh Henry??

Yeah fifty minutes is slightly better than 22 hours Apart from we didn’t see the Eiffel tower poking above the clouds. All in all I had a ordinary day as holiday days go

1. I discovered the joys of waiting for the Peugeot people to come

2. I discovered the wonder of finding out the car had technical difficulties and having to wait in the line for a hire car.

3. I discovered that the 4 minutes in paris without a
evening meal evening meal evening meal

Wine and cheese on the banks of the Yonne
GPS or map are the most stressful four minutes ever

4. And last but DEFINITELY not least I discovered that slamming your fingers in the door of a Leon Seat car is REALLY REALLY PAINFUL !! and as you can see by the photographic evidence it looks quite spectacular two (Disfigured in my dictioary means spectacular)

Anyway all is well as I’m drinking an ice cold ice tea at nine o clock at night in the hot (The sun is still up)

Cya next time Henry

Henry --- Wha! Wha! Wha! you are starting to sound like a 14 year old! Yeah Yeah the whole car stuff is drag ( AND WE STILL HAVE NOT GOT IT RESOLVED!!!).
But you could write about wandering around the beautiful town of Auxerre on the banks of the Yonne. What about the winding streets of medieval houses? What about the magnificent tour d’horlage ( ok call it clock tower if you want). What about the breath taking cathedral of Saint Etienne with its brilliant carvings and stunning stain glass ( even you thought that was pretty good).
And then.. and then.. we lived the cliché. We had a picnic on the grass on the banks of the Yonne. Camembert, terrine, bread , tomatoes, peaches and a local red wine ( I know you has a bottle of Evian but where is your imagination?).
The river rolled by and the clouds dispersed to reveal a lovely evening.
All of this shouts at people: I am in France! I am doing French things!
Bonjour! Sacre Blue! Liberte!, Fraternite! Escargots!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

the clocktower in Auxerrethe clocktower in Auxerre
the clocktower in Auxerre

Looking like tourists


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb