Mont Saint-Michel & Saint Malo


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany
August 7th 2015
Published: August 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Made a quick jump over into Normandy to visit the Mont Saint-Michel. No doubt the most touristic destination in France, highly not recommend to visit during summer... if one could avoid! Just too many people! And now with the connection of a bridge, the romantic image of the floating Abbey on water had been shattered, also we arrive unfortunately on a no high tide day...no chance at all!!!! Beside strolled along the rampant underneath the magnificent Abbey viewing the surrounding scenery, one can patronized those under the name - La Mere Poulard, the commercial symbol in Mont Saint-Michel. and who is Mere Poulard? do your google please!! Still...I believe the 11th century Mont Saint-Michel is best admire from afar, I guess that was the impressed image of the grand and majesty Abbey in our mind that attracted us to here!

Back into Brittany we stop in the ancient port city St Malo, a badly ruined city during the 2nd world war. With devoted effort for 12 years, the old wall city had been rebuilt into its great glamour. The Porte St-Vincent gate no doubt is the main gateway to visit the old city, you could climb up the Chateau de St Malo and start walk along the rampant around the old city. or just stroll through the main through fare into the heart of the town where you can reach the Cathedrale St-Vincent and out through another old city gate the porte de Dinan. St Malo also offered some good sandy beaches right next to the city wall, even created a sea water pool so one could skip the long walk when the tide was low!


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Grande PlageGrande Plage
Grande Plage

2km long sandy beach in Parame


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb