Ploumanac’h et les Sept Iles (Pink granite coast)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany
April 6th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The day we arrived at the coast was dark and cold with the grey sky. Our prayers were not answered and it is hard to imagine that it will be heard again during the day. We decided to stop praying in front of the statue St. Guirec. Locals believe that when you stick a needle in St. Guirec's nose, you can pray for healthy life. I see this habit rather cruel even to stick a needle in an emotionless figure. Anyway, I have lost the needle in the sand, which I brought all the way from Little Paradise. (I left a tiny note where I lost the needle to warn people-hopefully no one would get hurt).

It is impossible to talk about the Pink Granite Coast without mentioning the chaos of the rocks. There are so many of them, bottle shaped, turtle shaped, mushroom shaped and all sort of shapes can be seen from our magical eyes.

Two hours to walk along the beach and three hours to come back. The worst scenario of the day was, missing the lunch break when we arrived at the nearest sea site Perros Guirec. As soon as we got back to Ploumana'ch, we ran to the bakery near. I climbed up to the little hill near the little church with a slice of tomato tart, un pain au chocolat and une baguette traditional in my hand.

We finished our lunch break in the freezing cold and remain for another two hours until 7pm.




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb