France 124 - Vannes - Flower Camping Le Conleu/a swim/ a lovely bay /Sea bream and curry


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Vannes
April 19th 2018
Published: April 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After our visit to Suscinio we headed off for our camp site Flower Camping Le Conleu. It had only opened last week. The French season starts late and finishes early. We arrived at the lunchtime two hour siesta. Whilst waiting I fell into conversation with Mrs Exeter. I never ask names . In motorhoming you meet folks , never ask their names and rarely meet them again. She told me she had just arrived, was staying a few days and had been to this site before. She had booked in advance. Whilst talking to her Glenn had fallen into conversation with Mr Devon. A nice man who had suffered an illness and had to give up motorhoming and had bought a small caravan. He too had been to Le Conleu before. He was travelling for 10 weeks.

By this time the receptionist had arrived back after lunch. She served Mrs Exeter who had just to pay her balance and pick her plot. She wanted the same plot as she always had. I was next. We intended to try the site out for one night and the receptionist who had a friend from Sheffielde c pronounced that the grassom pitches were still waterlogged and we could have plot 193 a hard standing and move tomorrow to 194 opposite. That was fine with us. The plots were large, separated by high hedges so their was a good degree of privacy to be had by all. There were fantastic views across the harbour and walks around the estuary. There was a snack bar on site, a heated indoor swimming pool and bread and croissants the next morning . All very civilised.

I tried the pool. It was probably the best I have used on a campsite. The café bar left a bit more to be desired. We were as always on our own. Glenn chose a Margarita Pizza which came out as a Pizza Regina, I ordered the sea bream dish of the day with onions and potatoes. This was served in a curry sauce with rice . Not quite what I expected.

In the height of the summer the place would be like Butlins on speed. Complimentary drinks at the bar, activities for the adults and Mr Flower for the children.

Tomorrow we head for Vannes on the bus. The bus stops outside the campsite. The weather holds fair. We have wall to wall sunshine. Life is simple and enjoyable.

We cant ask for anything more. Our holidays are normally complicated and organised to the tiniest degree. This time we are winging it and making it up as we go along . My mate Confucious says that "Life is really simple , we insist on making it complicated" Perhaps he was right.

Tomorrow Vannes and the day after a visit to an elephant . Looking at you Woolly Mammoth - we are off to see a long lost relative.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.648s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 38; qc: 196; dbt: 0.3907s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.6mb