Pont L'Abbe - la Fete des Brodeuses


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Finistère
July 11th 2015
Published: July 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The festival embroiderers presented the public a few days of great traditional music and dance, a wonderful entertainment for the beginning of summer. One could also got the chance to view the traditional costume that the Bigoudene women wearing during the festival. admire the beautiful embroider on their clothes and head-dresses.

The port of Pont l'Abbe was a center of trade in the 18th and 19th centuries.And one shouldn't miss the inhabited bridge when entering the city center, it is one of the nine inhabited bridge in France. and further on is The castle of the Barons of the Bridge, it now houses the City Hall and the Museum Bigouden, where you can view the local costume in more details.

the main sight in town is the Gothic style Church of Notre-Dame des Carmes dates from 13th century, with many old statues and a very fine rose window over the high altar that is considered one of the largest and loveliest in Finistere.

And not far away by the river is The Monument aux Bigoudens, a masterpiece in granite by Francois Bazin (1931) and shows a group of four Bigoudene women and a child in traditional costume, all of them thinking of a son, a father, a husband or a grandson battling the elements on the high seas. one might able to grape the harshness of the ancient life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



24th August 2015

la présentation du internet est trés jolie, quelle est la date de la fe´te l'année prochaine ?
24th August 2015

I am not sure about the exact date
perhaps you can go to this website and ask the owner, he know everything about festival in Brittany http://www.univers-bretagne.bzh/grand-pardon-de-ty-mamm-doue.html

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 16; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb