Up to the north coast of Southern Finstere, near Douaranez.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Douarnenez
June 19th 2015
Published: June 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Moving on today. Not far to go, just across the Southern Finistere peninsula from south to north.



We got off to a pretty poor start leaving Concarneau as we got stuck behind a wide load, carrying two holiday chalets and so big and long it was having difficulty manoeuvring round the not very big roundabouts.

We followed it for several slow miles but we were in no hurry so not a problem and it pulled in to let us and all the other following traffic past at Fouesnant.

We avoided Quimper and the dreaded dual carriageways which Clarissa is so fond of and headed for Pont-Croix then due north to just before Douaranez.



Our campsite Camping de la Baie de Dourananez, 7 kms from the coast at Poullan sur mer (but it isn’t on the sea at all so no idea why it’s called that).



Lovely big pitches on this site and nowhere near even half full, a big change from the full to capacity site we had just left.

The pool areas is superb with both indoor and outdoor pools and the weather was also fantastic all day so we, for the first time, sat and read on loungers as well as having a swim.

I decided I really needed an ice-cream once Bob had suggested we might get one from the campsite shop. They didn’t have any and the campsite bar is only open July and August, so we went up the road on Kisbee to the village, had a drink outside one of the bars (the one which had icecream) and I then had my almond choc ice.





Back at the campsite we chased the sunshine round our pitch as there a couple too many big trees casting shade over it. Fortunately the pitch is big enough for us to move our chairs around it. We had to move the dining table to the other side of Tandy to eat dinner as our normal sitting area, to the right by the door, was in complete shade and surprisingly chilly given the beautiful clear blue sky.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb