Day trip to St. Malo, Cancale, and Dinard.


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
France's flag
Europe » France » Brittany » Cancale
October 23rd 2017
Saved: October 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We started our morning with coffee, tea and fresh pastries from a local patisserie around the corner from our flat. Kelly is really spoiling me by bringing breakfast each morning.

We went to Saint Malo today which is located on the coast north of Dinan. It is a walled medieval town build on a granite outcrop over the water. Tall granite walls surround the town. It was raining and very windy so we didn't spend a lot of time there. The coast line in the area is very rocky and reminds me of what I picture Ireland would look like.

We drove on to Cancale which is also a port town on the coast. We found a restaurant by the sea and shared some oysters and frites. Oysters are farmed here and Cancale is the oyster capital of Brittany. We could barely see Mt. St. Michel in the distance through the fog that was across the bay from us.

We also stopped in the town of Dinard on our way back to Dinan. Kind of a seedy touristy town I thought. It might be a nice place to visit in the summer as the beaches looked nice. Lots of casinos though which kind of turned me off😞

We took backroads today as much as we could. Some beautiful places and lots of vegetable crops. Such a lovely country!

We had dinner tonight at the same place we went the night we got here. Seems there is some sort of holiday going on and most of the restaurants were closed.

We have enjoyed our stay here and have explored it to the fullest! On to the Loire Valley tomorrow. Ready to see some castles!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

23rd October 2017

Fun!
You guys are exploring some interesting looking country!! I’m so envious! Are you cold? Looks kind of wet and cold... Can’t wait to see the castles!!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb